I remember doing these crayon scratch off boards when I was a kid, maybe you do too. It’s a lot of fun for kids. If you want, prepare the boards for your kids then let them scratch off the paint. They’ll think it’s magic! My little “Chuckers” had fun making them though.
Crayon Scratch Off Supplies:
- Cardstock (poster board, thick paper)
- Dark colored acrylic
- Scratching object (butter knife)
Crayon Scratch Off Directions:
- Cover the card stock with different colors of crayon (thicker the better).
- Layer dark acrylic on top of the crayon (thicker the better).
- Let dry.
- Scratch acrylic off.
Ideas for this project:
- With July 4th coming up, use black acrylic and have your kid scratch fireworks.
- Use dark blue acrylic and have your kid scratch an underwater scene.
- Use black acrylic and ask your kid to scratch a night scene.
- Use only orange crayons and black acrylic, perfect for Halloween.
- Have your kid do this as a birthday card for some one.
If you have any other ideas for this project, feel free to share them below. I would love to hear from you!