Ok, this how to draw a horse is probably the hardest one we’ve done. Don’t worry it’s still fun! Personally, speaking for myself, if I had a choice to pick one thing to draw for rest of my life it would be horses. I don’t know why, I think it’s just because they’re such cool animals.
Typically we do cartoonish drawings, this one is a lot less cartoonish. Do your kids have a preference? Would they rather draw cartoon, realistic, or both (mix it up)?
- Pencil, marker, or crayon
Watch How To Draw A Horse
If you’re having trouble watching the video here, watch it on YouTube!
How To Draw A Horse Step By Step
1. Start by drawing three circles, the middle one being the largest.
2. Next draw the rest of the horse’s head.
3. Then connect all the circles with curved lines. Draw the ears back. Next draw the rest of the horse’s face.
4. Now draw the hair. It looks a lot like fire, because it’s blowing in the wind. Also, draw four smaller circles for the front leg joints.
5. Connect the joints with lines, and add two hooves.
6. Now draw three small circles for the back leg joints.
7. Draw curved lines to connect the joints, and draw two back hooves.
8. If you drew your horse with a pencil, erase some of the extra lines. Also, be sure to draw the horse’s tail.
That’s it! This horse is probably one of the hardest things we’ve done. Don’t worry, just practice practice practice.
Download And Print
To download these step by step instructions click the image below, then right click to save.