Today we’re kicking off the Fall season with how to draw a scarecrow. This art project is easy enough for younger artists but still fun for the older ones. Remember, if and when we go to fast you can always pause the video to catch up.
All you need is something to draw and color with and paper. We used a Sharpie to draw with, but you can use pencil. We also used Pentel’s oil pastels for coloring, but you can use markers or crayons.
We’ve drawn a scarecrow before, but thought it would be fun to draw and color again. Below you’ll find the steps to the previous version.
Oh, and don’t forget to check out all of our other Halloween art projects!
Watch How To Draw A Scarecrow
Plus, check out this drawing from one of our coolest art friends!
Step By Step
1. First draw a circle for the scarecrow’s head.
2. Next draw his happy face.
3. Now add stitches to his mouth to make his face look sewn own. Also, draw his shirt.
4. Draw his cowboy hat next.
5. Now add a collar and buttons to his shirt. Then add his pants.
6. Next add his arms and sticks.
7. Draw hay coming out of his sleeves and pants. This will look like hands and feet.
8. Last, and patches to his clothes so they look old.