We recently went to the dinosuar museum, so it made a perfect segway into how to draw a T-Rex. What’s your kid’s favorite dinosaur? When we do another how to draw, what dinosaur should we do next?
Watch How To Draw A T-Rex
Having trouble watching it here? Watch it on YouTube!
Step by Step
1. Start by drawing to s-curves that touch at one end. This is the beginning of his mouth.
2. Next draw a curved line up to complete the bottom part of his mouth.
3. Draw zig zag lines for the T-Rex’s sharp teeth.
4. Now draw his tongue and darken in the back part of his mouth.
5. Then draw a curved line for the top and bottom part of the T-Rex’s head.
6. Next draw his eyes and nostrils.
7. Then draw his body and one upper arm.
8. Finish his body, add on hind leg and draw the other upper arm.
9. Draw his second hind leg.
10. Add a long pointy tail and draw his belly line.
11. Last, add texture to his skin so he looks more like a lizard.
I know this is a lot more steps then we usually do for a drawing, but this is also a more detailed drawing then we usually do. You may find that this drawing is better suited for older kids.
Download and Print
Would you like to download the instructions for free and print them? Click the image below then right click to save.