We’re not big cat people (the wife is allergic), but the little Hads loves anything that’s cute and fluffy! So, here’s some simple step by step instructions on how to draw a cat.
This cat is really simple, he consists of a simple shaped body and a big face. Cartoon styled drawing is a perfect place to start with younger kids. Cartoons are typically simplified shapes, but still include the general anatomy of the subject…eyes, ears, feet…
If you’re having trouble watching the video, watch How To Draw A Cat on YouTube!
- Pencil, marker, or crayon
How To Draw A Cat Step by Step
1. Draw the simple body shape. Include two pointy ears at the top.
2. Next add four feet. Put two feet in front, and two on the side.
3. Now add some cute or crazy eyes, plus a black nose.
4. Put two little triangles inside the cat’s ears, and draw a mouth that’s connected to the nose.
5. Next draw three lines for whiskers on each side of the cat’s face.
6. The last step is adding a tail. You can make it long or short.
Download & Print:
That’s all there is to drawing a little cartoon cat. If you’d like to download these steps to print, click the link below.
OR, click the image below to download how to draw a cat JPEG. Then right click the image to save it to your computer.