My kids are already going nuts about Halloween, how about yours? It doesn’t help that the stores have had the decorations out for a couple weeks. So I thought if the stores are doing it, and the kids are already freaking out, why not join in.
So here’s the first of many Halloween art activities, how to draw a Jack O’Lantern.
If you’re having trouble viewing the video, watch How To Draw A Jack O’Lantern on YouTube.
How to draw a Jack O’Lantern step by step
1. Draw two curved lines opposite each other, top and bottom.
2. Next draw the Jack O’Lantern’s “cheeks” by drawing to curved lines on the sides.
3. Now draw the stem and two curly lines, for vines.
4. Next draw his smile. I drew it really big, but you can draw it whatever size you want.
5. Now draw a triangle for the nose, and a smaller triangle inside that one. This makes the pumpkin look like it’s carved out.
6. For the last step draw two more triangles for his eyes.
That’s it you’re done! This is a happy Jack O’Lantern but check back soon for a scary one.
Download How To Draw A Jack O’Lantern
Click the link below to download the step by step PDF:
Click the image below to download a JPG, then right click the image and save.