The other day I took the kids to see Despicable Me 2, they LOVED it! We loved the first movie two, so we were really glad that they did just as good of a job on the sequel.
When we recorded how to draw a minion, it was difficult for us to keep it shorter than 15 min. We tried to make the instructions very easy so even Hads (younger artists) could follow along.
If you have time, leave a comment below and let us know what your kid’s favorite part of the movie was. I’m sure Chuckers and Hads would love to know :)
Watch How To Draw A Minion
If you’re having trouble watching the video, click here to watch it on YouTube!
Step By Step
1. First draw an upside down U for the minion’s head.
2. Next draw two circles for the goggles. If you’d like to draw the one eyed minion only draw one circle.
3. Now draw a goggle strap on each side of his head.
4. Draw his face and hair.
5. Draw his overalls.
6. Next draw his arms, one up and one bent.
7. Then draw his gloves.
8. Draw four lines down, for his legs.
9. Last, draw his two feet and a pocket on his chest.
That’s all there is to drawing a super simple minion. Now all you have to do is color him yellow.
Download & Print
Click the image below, then right click to save the free printable.