Hey art friends! Today we’re learning how to draw a minion! We’ve drawn one before, about two years ago. I’ve left the older lesson along with the step by steps below, just for fun.
Minions are fun to draw because you can mix and match their different features. Here’s a link to the official minion movie website, where you can reference images to draw the main characters from the movie.
Also, after you’ve finished following along with us try drawing a couple more minions on your own…from memory! On each new minion you draw, try to change his facial expression and how he’s holding his hands. This will make each minion unique.
Watch How To Draw A Minion
If you’re having trouble watching the video, click here to watch it on YouTube!
Step By Step
1. First draw an upside down U for the minion’s head.
2. Next draw two circles for the goggles. If you’d like to draw the one eyed minion only draw one circle.
3. Now draw a goggle strap on each side of his head.
4. Draw his face and hair.
5. Draw his overalls.
6. Next draw his arms, one up and one bent.
7. Then draw his gloves.
8. Draw four lines down, for his legs.
9. Last, draw his two feet and a pocket on his chest.
That’s all there is to drawing a super simple minion. Now all you have to do is color him yellow.