Have you already watched our how to draw a monkey face (see second video, below)? Well today we’re drawing the whole body, and this crazy monkey is swinging from a vine.
Get your marker and oil pastels ready, this one is going to be easy and fun. We did try to keep this lesson easy enough for young artists, but if it’s too difficult try just drawing a monkey face.
We sped through the coloring phase, so when we finish coloring feel free to pause the video and match what we did.
Watch How To Draw A Monkey
This section is meant to give you an idea on how you can change this lesson for more practice. After following this lesson through once, try drawing another monkey…only this time…turn your paper the other direction. Draw one vine (like before), but this time draw two monkeys hanging from the same vine. One monkey could be a boy and the other a girl. They could be best friends!
Are You A Teacher?
Check out Rosie’s classroom art project for ideas on how you can use this post in your own classroom!
Watch How To Draw A Monkey Face
If you’re having trouble watching the video here, you can always watch our videos on YouTube!
Step By Step
1. Start by drawing an upside-down U. This is going to be the top of the monkey’s head.
2. Next draw half of an oval, for the bottom part of the monkey’s head.
3. Next draw the monkey’s eyes and nose.
4. Now draw her mouth.
5. Next draw a curved M for her forehead.
6. Monkey ears are cute, draw them as big Cs!
6. Last, if you’d like to make your monkey a girl you can add a bow. If not, leave the bow off :)