We got Santa, elves, and a Christmas tree now we need a how to draw a reindeer! Reindeer are neat, have your kids seen a real one? If not, be sure to show them the reindeer cam! It’s a live camera showing Santa’s reindeer. You may even get lucky, and see Santa feeding them.
- Pencil, marker, or crayon
Watch How To Draw A Reindeer
If you’re having trouble watching the video here, watch it on YouTube!
Step By Step Instructions
1. Draw an oval for the reindeer’s body and head.
2. Next draw his neck. Draw the left line with zig zags so that it looks furry.
3. Draw his face and ears. If you want to draw Rudolf, draw his nose bigger and color it red!
4. Now add antlers.
5. Draw his legs. Draw the front two bent, so it looks like he’s going to take off and fly.
6. Now draw contour lines for his hooves. Also, draw his short furry tail.
7. Last, add a saddle or blanket to keep him warm. We drew a Christmas tree on it for decoration.
That’s all there is to drawing a reindeer. If you want additional practice draw 11 more, and be sure to name them all!
Download & Print
To download the step by step instructions click the image below, then right click to save.