Christmas is such a fun time of year for my kids, wait who am I kidding? It’s funnest for me! I think reliving Christmas through my kids, is so much more fun. The look on their eyes when we do anything Christmas related is priceless. You should have seen their eyes the first time I showed them how to draw an angel. I hope your kids enjoy this one as much as mine!
I do understand that not everyone shares our same beliefs. I always want to be sensitive to that, but at the same time not let it stop me from simply sharing what we do as a family. Please feel free to always adapt and change what we do, to better fit your kids and family.
- Pencil, marker, or crayon
Watch How To Draw An Angel
If you’re having trouble watching the video here, watch it on YouTube!
Step By Step Instructions
1. First draw a circle for the angel’s head.
2. Next draw a super happy face.
3. Then draw her dress.
4. Draw a rainbow line over her head and connect it to her neck. This makes her hair.
5. Now add two candy cane hooks to start her wings.
6. Next finish the wings with a bunch of bumps. The bumps look like feathers.
Some people believe angels literally have wings some believe wings to be symbolic. What ever you believe, take a moment to share your thoughts with your kids.
7. Next draw two arms, hands, and feet for your angel.
8. Last draw stars in the sky.
Angels are great to draw year round, but during Christmas you could explain an angel’s (and other angels) significant roll in the savior’s birth. If you’d like to even read the story, it can be found in Luke chapter 2.
Download & Print
To download these instructions click the image below then right click to save.