Water color resist with crayons, is a classic art activity. Meaning, you probably remember doing this project when you were a kid. The great part about this activity (like using rubber cement), it’s a great way to show kids how different things react with water color.
Resist, means that the crayon will repel the water color away from it. If you use a white crayon during this activity, your kids eyes may pop out!
- Water Color Paints (preferably dark colors)
- Paint Brush
- Crayons (preferably light color crayons, even white)
Water Color Resist With Crayons Step by Step
- Draw a picture on the paper with crayons.
- Now use water color to paint over the entire paper.
If you’re having trouble watching the video here, watch Water Color Resist With Crayons on YouTube!
We drew a Halloween night, but this activity will work on many other topics.
A Few More Ideas
- Underwater scene with fish. Use all crayon colors, and blue water color for the water.
- Sky scene. Use white crayons for clouds, other colors for birds, and blue water color for the sky.
- Exploding fireworks. Use bright color crayons, and black water color for the night.
- A secret note. Before starting this activity, take a white crayon and write a secret message to your kids. Do this without them knowing. Next have them paint dark water color over the paper to reveal the note.